Every other client has this question from SEO executives and digital marketers, ‘how long will it take for my site to rank first on Google?’ which tends to cause major mental and emotional upheaval.
The truth is: it depends. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is not a mere 2+2 task, it is an art combining technology that comes with its own set of answers.
SEO’s success depends on a lot of a factors, but you need to understand one thing, not every factor will suit your brand.
However, to give an average, it can take anywhere from 3 months to 6 months. Again, this is not definite and may even extend up to an year, depending on a variety of factors.
What Data Do We Have to Understand SEO’s Main Deciding Factors in Brief?
“How does your website rank on Google? How would you like to rank better on Google?”
How about we list down some of the data and statistics to give you an insight into SEO? Then let us move on ahead.
- The top-ranked pages are much older than the newer ones. In fact, the average age of most pages that ranked #1 on Google are more or less about 5 years old.
- The average age for content pages is lower i.e. around 3.5 years. Here we are considering content pages that are not homepages.
- Gaining backlinks and authority takes time, which means, more time equals more authority.
- The content that is on the top is the one that receives frequent updates, making it much fresher. This means that, even if the URL or publishing date is older, the update date is less than 8 months ago.
- Keeping your older and valuable content updated is one of the best things you can do to boost your SEO score and value.
- On average, the efforts of SEO take around two months to provide results.
- Pages of some niches, such as breaking news and events, tend to reach the top 10 search results comparatively faster due to their brief and short-lived momentum.
Which Key Factors Play the Main Roles in the Ranking Process?
Previously, in the early 2000s, it was comparatively easier to rank on Google as all you had to do was add your main keywords to your URL, meta title, meta description and multiple times in the content and voila! You could reach the top 10 results within less than a month.
SEO executives would stuff keywords in the content, create some backlinks and start seeing the results quickly. However, that is not your only answer to ‘how to improve google search ranking?’
However, as time progressed and AI and Machine Learning took over the world, it became significantly harder to rank on search engines overall. Google issues updates every other year and those in the SEO field have to remain updated to avoid losing out on their rankings.
What are some factors that affect SEO?
- The age of domain: any domain that has been registered between the last six months falls within the category of ‘new domains’.
- Level of keyword competition: keywords and phrases with a high level of competition are difficult to rank for since they are search too much. On the other hand, you can try building trust and rankings through keywords with a lower level of competition.
- The quality of content: Google gives preference to high-quality content that provides value to the user and increases engagement.
- The type and quality of links: organic links from higher authority sites automatically add value to the site. Links from low authority sites or purchased spam links deter with the SEO of your site.
- Popularity of domain: the domain name should be popular and something that people are likely to search in the current era.
How Long Do Google’s Bots Take for Indexing Pages?
Google employs Bots or ‘crawlers’ as we know them, to index pages. These crawlers follow an algorithm to index around 100+ trillion pages on a daily basis. However, there is no fixed time period for the indexing.
The web crawler discovers new content by following the links or sitemaps that have been submitted in the webmasters console.
Higher authority sites have the advantage of getting their pages indexed faster. Newer or lower authority sites will have to wait a few days to get their content indexed. They can speed up the process by submitting the URL in the webmasters console directly.
What is the Google sandbox?
Many SEOs believe that despite the best SEO practices, Google may delay the ranking of your webpage just because the site is new and lacks authority.
SEO personnel tend to consider it as ‘Google sandbox’ even though Google does not acknowledge its existence. Instead, Google talks about a bunch of algorithms that impact the ranking of the site.
All in all, there is no guarantee that your site will top the search engine results, even if your SEO practices are perfect.
What Are Some Tips You Can Follow for Ranking Faster?
While SEO is a different game for every other brand and company, there are 10 tips that can enhance your efforts and provide you with results anyhow.
- Focus on your site’s user experience such as easy navigation and better loading speed.
- Check which pages are ranking and then optimise and update them so they can rank even higher.
- Work on mobile apps and optimise them for mobile too, since a majority of the populace is now browsing through their smartphones.
- Develop content that provides value to your user, by adding statistics, tips, guides and other engaging stuff.
- Try to acquire high-quality backlinks and do not go for paid or spamming links.
- While adding new pages, submit a sitemap to Google Search Console every time.
- Increase your click-through-rate with the help of Google Ads.
- Keep your pages and simple and free from distractions, which may divert your user from their main goal.
- Do internal linking as well as external linking within your content.
- Fix all broken links.
Do you think these tips could be of help? You can get free SEO consultancy if you wish to understand more about SEO or want to know how SEO can be beneficial for your brand.
While we’re on the subject, I am now offering an online SEO course that will give you in-depth insight into the world of insight. Do not forget to check it out!
25 thoughts on “How Long Does it Take to Rank on Google? Understanding SEO & Its Core Components”
Remarkable! It’s a genuinely remarkable piece of writing, I have got a much clear idea of the topic of this piece of writing.
Good post! We are linking to this great post on our site. Keep up the good writing.
I blog often and I seriously appreciate your content. This article has truly peaked my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information about once a week. I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.
I got what you intend, saved to my bookmarks, very decent internet site.
Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have truly loved surfing around your weblog posts.
The very good point which I had quickly initiate efficient initiatives without wireless web services. Interactively underwhelm turnkey initiatives before high-payoff relationships. Holisticly restores superior interfaces before flexible technology. Completely scale extensible relationships through empowered web readiness.
Thanks in support of sharing such a nice opinion, article is good, that’s why I have read it entirely.
Excellent post! We are linking to this great article on our website. Keep up the good writing.
Hi, constantly I used to check blog posts here early in the morning since i enjoy learning more and more.
You actually make it appear really easy together with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually one thing that I feel I might by no means understand. It sort of feels too complicated and extremely large for me. I am having a look forward to your next submit, I will try to get a grasp of it!
I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with all things fashionable and who dare to dream just like me!
Aw, this was an extremely nice post. Taking the time and actual effort to make a really good article?but what can I say?I put things off a whole lot and never manage to get anything done.
Here is an excellent Weblog You might Uncover Intriguing that we Encourage You
Hey there. I discovered your site by way of Google even as searching for a similar matter, your site came up. It appears good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks to come back then.
Howdy! I simply wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the great data you have right here on this post. I might be coming back to your blog for extra soon.
This is one awesome blog. Really looking forward to read more. Keep writing.
You completed a number of nice points there. I did a search on the issue and found nearly all people will have the same opinion with your blog.
I do agree with all of the ideas you have introduced for your post. They are very convincing and can definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are too short for novices. May you please lengthen them a little from next time? Thank you for the post.
Will try to repeat your mantras every day. Hopefully, they will help in my current project.
As I site possessor I believe the content matter here is rattling fantastic, appreciate it for your hard work. You should keep it up forever! Best of luck.
There is definitely a great deal to know about this subject. I love all the points you made.
You need to be a part of a contest for one of the most useful websites online. I am going to recommend this site!
I have recently started a website, the information you offer on this site has helped me tremendously. Thanks for all of your time work.
Why does this have to be the ONLY reliable source? Oh well